Summary of Research
Research interests of the members and affiliated members of the Geometry and Topology group include geometry and topology of knots, three and four manifolds; mathematical physics; symplectic and contact geometry; gauge theory, and Floer and Khovanov homologies; geometric group theory; cluster algebras and Jones polynomials.
- Vo Liem – Shape theory, topology of 4-manifolds
- Lawrence Roberts – Low dimensional topology, Khovanov and Floer homologies
- Bruce Trace – Low dimensional topology, handlebody theory
- Bulent Tosun – Contact and symplectic geometry in low dimensions, and Heegaard Floer homology
Affiliated Faculty Members
- Jon Corson – Geometric group theory, group co-homologies, profinite groups
- Kyungyong Lee – Algebraic geometry, Cluster algebras, Mathematical physics, Jones polynomials
The group, jointly with Algebra group, run a weekly in-house Algebra-Topology Seminars on Mondays at 11am during the academic year.
Conferences and Local Opportunities
COMS – A continuously updated comprehensive list of meetings related to geometry and topology.
Tech Topology Conference – Annual conference held in Atlanta for new and established researchers.
Point Set Topology – Every fall
Algebraic Topology I – Every spring
Algebraic Topology II – Every other fall
Differential Geometry – Every spring
Topics course – Every other spring