The University of Alabama has a variety of research facilities that both undergraduate and graduate students can use to help find a project to work on as well as support students in ongoing projects.
- Academic calendar: Includes information about important deadlines (e.g., registration deadlines, drop dates, holidays) and the final exam schedule.
- Center for Academic Success: A university-wide center that offers help sessions, tutors, and learning aids for many undergraduate courses
- ENGenuity Lab: Tutoring available for students enrolled in Calculus I, Calculus II and Calculus III.
Visit this page to learn more about the ways to get access to the software you need to do mathematics and learning tutorials for common programs such as LaTeX.
The field of mathematics is diverse and offers many ways to get involved at both the regional and national level. Visit this page to learn more about some of the largest professional organizations in the field, as well as organizations with local chapters on campus that students can join.
Financial Aid, Scholarships, and Prizes
- Student Financial Aid Office
- Department of Mathematics Scholarships and Prizes
- College of Arts and Sciences Scholarships
- UA Scholarships
- Awards for Graduate Students — from the UA Graduate School
Student Health and Well-being
Counseling Center: Free mental health services provided by the UA Division of Student Affairs
Graduate Parent Support: UA resources for graduate students with children