The Accelerated Master’s Program (AMP) in mathematics is designed for exceptional and highly motivated students to earn their bachelor’s and master’s degrees concurrently. The AMP is an ideal option for strong students with advanced placement in mathematics.
Find more information about the campus wide AMP degree option in the UA catalog.
Who Can Apply?
The AMP program in mathematics is open to anyone who meets the following conditions:
- Completed at least 90 hours of undergraduate credit with 30 of those hours at UA.
- Have an overall GPA of 3.75.
Applicants must include two letters of recommendation from mathematics faculty and a statement of purpose. All prospective AMP students must apply for admission to the University of Alabama Graduate School. Complete information about graduate admissions can be found on the UA Graduate School website.
- The masters program requires 30 hours with the option of either a 6 hour thesis or 3 hour project.
- Up to 12 credit hours may count towards both the bachelor’s and master’s degree.
- After receiving their bachelor’s degree, AMP students will be eligible for a graduate teaching assistantship which provides a stipend, tuition, and health insurance.