Summary of Research
Research interests of the members and affiliated members of the Geometry and Topology group include geometry and topology of knots, three and four manifolds; mathematical physics; symplectic and contact geometry; gauge theory, and Floer and Khovanov homologies; geometric group theory; cluster algebras and Jones polynomials.
Professor Roberts’ research is in low dimensional topology and Khovanov and Floer homologies.
Professor Tosun’s research is in contact and symplectic geometry in low dimensions and Heegaad Floer homology.
Professor Trace’s research is in low dimensional topology and handlebody theory.
Affiliated Faculty Members
- Jon Corson – Geometric group theory, group co-homologies, profinite groups
- Kyungyong Lee – Algebraic geometry, Cluster algebras, Mathematical physics, Jones polynomials
The group, jointly with Algebra group, run a weekly in-house Algebra-Topology Seminars on Mondays at 11am during the academic year.
Conferences and Local Opportunities
- COMS – A continuously updated comprehensive list of meetings related to geometry and topology.
- Tech Topology Conference – Annual conference held in Atlanta for new and established researchers.
- Georgia Topology Conferences
- Point Set Topology – Every fall
- Algebraic Topology I – Every spring
- Algebraic Topology II – Every other fall
- Differential Geometry – Every spring
- Topics course – Every other spring