Individuals in the department have access to a wide variety of software packages and programs. The UA Office of Information Technology (OIT) Software Catalog is constantly updating the software packages available to students and faculty. Check their site often for new or expanded software.
In addition, the following software is used regularly in the mathematics department:
- LaTeX: The document preparation system used to create mathematics theses, dissertations, and other scholarly works.
- LaTeX tutorial
- MATLAB: Available for faculty, staff and students from OIT. Computers in Rodgers Library and in Gorgas Library also have MATLAB available for use.
- MATLAB alternatives: Students can also use these applications to complete their homework assignments:
- WebAssign: An online instructional application using in many of our 100- and 200-level courses
- WeBWork: An online instructional application